Must have items:
- Flexibility – stuff happens, so be ready to adjust.
- Cooperation – working together will help make this seminar more enjoyable.
- Patience – sometimes things will not happen the way you expect or want.
- Appreciation – show you care about what others are doing on your behalf.
What to leave behind:
- Anything that you are concerned about losing.
- Valuable/expensive jewelry or accessories.
- Any papers or documentation that you do not need for your travels.
- Comfortable walking shoes (closed toe) •
- Dress shoes •
- Sleepwear (note that hotel rooms may be cold) •
- Belt (optional) •
- Underwear (preferably quick dry so they can be hand washed) •
- Sweater (for layering) •
- Lightweight raincoat •
- Socks (preferably all the same color and quick dry so they can be hand washed) •
- 1 coat/sports coat
- 3 pants that coordinate with the coat
- 3-4 shirts that coordinate with coat and pants
- T-shirts for layering
- 1 suit or pants suit
- 1 or 2 daytime outfits
- 1 or 2 informal outfits
- Long skirt
- Several blouses/shirts that coordinate with pants suit
- Pantyhose (a few pairs)
- Dental floss
- Comb or brush
- Shaving supplies
- Lip balm
- Nail clippers
- Emery board
- First aid cream
- Wet wipes/hand sanitizer
- Aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Antihistamines (allergies)
- Prescription medications
- Copies of written prescriptions
- Cold medicines
- Contact lens fluid
- Photo identification
- Ag Leadership Foundation name badge
- Business cards
- Alarm clock
- Small waterproof backpack for day trips
- Camera and memory cards
- Small flashlight
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher)
- Sewing kit
- Spot remover
- Sealable containers or bags (to pack wet clothes)
- Extra glasses
- Sleep eye shades (optional)
- Ear plugs
- Snacks for the plane trip