The Illinois Ag Leadership Program (IALP) Alumni – instead of their usual golf tournament and fund-raising auction – are going virtual this year.
“Other ag leadership groups have been quite successful with their on-line auctions, that we thought we would give it a try,” Sheri Bane, President of the IALF Alumni Board of Directors, said. “Covid has let us all to be more creative in how we raise money these days.”
The group is offering a solid lineup of items that any farmer would like to have, plus a few items that ladies and families will take a close look at. Included in the auction are (so far):
- $500 toward GROWMARK seed
- 8 units of Pioneer Qrome corn seed
- 10 bags of Channel seed
- 10 bags of DeKalb seed
Outside the seed offerings, also being auctioned:
- Wisconsin Door County stay
- Luxury spa weekend package in Galena
- Family Game Night package
- NX& Precision Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Dozen Titleist Tour Soft Yellow golf balls
- “Sunset of Hope” Gallery Wrapped 24X36 Canvas
Additional donations are expected before the November 24 auction date.
The auction will open at 7 am and begin to close at 7 pm. As people continue to bid, a five-minute count down timer will continue to reset. It will finally close when no one bids on anything in five minutes.
For questions about the auction or donated items, or to submit an item for the auction, please email Nicole Solberg, Alumni Director at email@example.com